River`s Song River`s Song

o_O

Intense arrangement.
Sort of reminds me of the stuff Enigma did in the '90s, but with less cheesy pretentiousness and more talent.
For bonus points, I think this track actually relieved the migraine I was having.

Tulvadar responds:

I never thought that my music would have healing effects. :)
Thank you for your review. I hope your migraine is gone now.

[snayk] seventeen [snayk] seventeen

Damn good.

Honestly, I think the seemingly upbeat dancey nature of the track only serves to re-emphasize the creepiness of the lyrical content.
I think the party dancefloor style of the track helps illustrate the lyrical themes of youth squandered, and the pop-culture that devours teens and spits them out the otherside like mulch out of a woodchipper.
I loved the original, and I love this one just as much.
The fact that this one kind of makes you want to shake your rump totally multiplies the creepy factor.

iLLy K!D iLLy K!D

Good song... but....

I think putting it in the industrial category couldn't be farther from the truth.
This track would have fit in more in the House or Drum N' Bass categories.
Also, the beginning segment of just drums and piano seems to stretch on for too long.
But, in all, it's a good sound, kind of a mellow house sound with nice drum n' bass percussion on it. Love how you used the strings at the end, with some of them sounding reversed.
Keep it up.

KingZooY responds:

thanks 4 the rate and also thank you because i could not figure out what to put it under : )

An Awkward Mental Paradox An Awkward Mental Paradox

Wargh!?

Dude. If Sonic the Hedgehog started a band in the Swing/Big Band era, it would sound like this.

Paragon Paragon

Sweet Unholy Christ Flavored Crackers.

Okay, well, you're my new idol.
I wanna grow up to be like you.
I feel like I should be pulling that bit from "Wayne's World" where Wayne and Garth throw themselves at the feet of their idols and start bowing and chanting "We are not worthy!"

That "melody" is amazing. The faint, scratchy one that's about 5 or so notes.
I love how the vocals start to growl a bit, like you're about to go full tilt Aggrotech, and then it backs off in to clean vocals again.
I could sit and praise every bit of this song all day, but I don't think it's necessary at this point.

Bloodline Bloodline

A bucket of sex!

Dude, this song is rock incarnate.
I could see this being wonderful soundtrack music for that typical "suit up and grab a shitload of guns" scene that happens just before the "kill everything that moves and cause lots of destruction" scene.

Also, I could see it rocking really fucking hard with some Suicide Commando style vocals added to it.

Just one thing, the percussion and bass seems mixed really heavy to the left, and all the 'lead' seems to me on the right. If you don't balance that out better before adding vox, it's gonna make your vox sound really thin and wonky.
That's something I found out the hard way, and thought I'd pass along.

Other than that bit, though, it's fookin' righteous, man. I wish I could make beats half as good as this.

{dj-N} HHC Muzak {dj-N} HHC Muzak

FUCKING BRAVO!

ENCORE! MORE HHC! I DEMAND MORE!

{dj-N} Scantraxx Hardstyle {dj-N} Scantraxx Hardstyle

Oy?

It's like hardstyle, except.... less irritating.

{dj-N} Bitch Punch {dj-N} Bitch Punch

I don't get it.

No, seriously, I don't get it.
How do you actually make gabber entertaining? Usually gabber is just a grating stream of noise that can be made by taking a kick sample and playing it on repeat at 3000 BPM.
But you actually make it entertaining to listen to, and give it some balls, almost making it aggrotech-esque.

Wrecked By Deja Vu (A->N) Wrecked By Deja Vu (A->N)

Fuck me running, that was EPIC!

How do you get such intense orchestration? Is that just a really could use of orchestral samples. or what?

My favorite part is the "chorus" where it swells up, and the acid synth comes in and what sounds like a chunky guitar riff. That really gives it more power.

ApproachingNirvana responds:

The orchestration was done with EastWest/Quantum Leap's Symphonic Orchestra Gold (and also lots of practice, effort, and music theory education haha). The mid section with a buildup is definitely great. It really gives the last chorus the chance to stretch its wings.

Thanks for the review!